The Utility Workers Union of America AFL-CIO (UWUA) is one of the most successful and progressive unions in all of the labor movement. The Power for America Training Trust Fund is an impressive example of the benefits available to our members.
P4A was created in 2009 by the UWUA, Utility Lines CS, Entergy and National Grid to provide training support to incumbent workers as well as administering apprenticeship programs. Since then, P4A has grown to 12 employers with trainings currently conducted in 11 states.
- A multi-faceted approach of external education and internal training for incumbent workers.
- Specialized instruction utilized to enhance skill levels.
- Safety training promotion with the goal of protecting our members/employees and the public from hazards.
- Safety programs designed to maintain system integrity.
- New technology awareness of tools and equipment, along with the utilization of these to increase productivity.