We use a certification tracking system for tracking power system training, power system courses and other types of apprenticeship energy training. And provide members with power industry news and other energy in the news.
We are using the power of the Internet to provide many of the resources necessary for our members to meet the challenges of maintaining and enhancing their skills.
This Center provides our members with access to unique apprentice training programs where they can earn approved certificates and associate degrees at selected colleges. Continuous educational opportunities that are precursors to bachelors and masters degrees are also available.
Partly cloudy. Lows overnight in the mid 50s.
A few passing clouds, otherwise generally sunny. High 77F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.
Partly cloudy skies. High 79F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph.
Partly cloudy skies. High around 80F. Winds E at 5 to 10 mph.
At the Online Resource Center, members will find information on scholarships that are available from the community colleges we are partnering with.
- Alpena Community College
- Delta College
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Henry Ford Community College
- Macomb Community College
- Dawson Technical Institute
- Kennedy King College
- Northwest Iowa CC
- North Iowa Area CC
- Northeast Iowa CC
- Minnesota West CC
- Bismarck State College
- Wilbur Wright College
Returning veterans may find jobs as utility workers, through a new Chicago community college training program aimed at certifying them to work in the natural gas industry. About 100 veterans per year will go through the seven-month program designed to help them transition to steady civilian jobs. The UWUA Power for America Training Trust Fund and People’s Gas U-Map Program will provide and intensive 7 month training program which will include a one month paid internship and mentorship with experienced journey-level gas utility workers. Classes are for credit and will be taught through the Wright College and Dawson Technical Colleges both of which are part of the Chicago Community College system.
A special hands-on training facility is being constructed at Dawson Technical College, check out the construction photos as the construction continues.
P4A In The News
- American Legion Offers Several Veteran Scholarships
- Buyer of Peoples Gas Plans to Keep Spending Big on Gas Mains
- U.S. Wades Deeper Into Marine Energy
- Consumers Energy Discusses Their Partnership With P4A
- New VA Health Studies Will Use Million Veteran Program Data
- Eliminating the Hazards of Texting and Other Distractions While Driving on the Job
- Consumers Energy Plans Downtown Grand Rapids Training Center
- Make Each Day Our First Day of Utility Work
- Companies Seek to Hire Veterans
- OSHA Focuses on Keeping Young Workers Safe