We use a certification tracking system for tracking power system training, power system courses and other types of apprenticeship energy training. And provide members with power industry news and other energy in the news.
We are using the power of the Internet to provide many of the resources necessary for our members to meet the challenges of maintaining and enhancing their skills.
This Center provides our members with access to unique apprentice training programs where they can earn approved certificates and associate degrees at selected colleges. Continuous educational opportunities that are precursors to bachelors and masters degrees are also available.
Plenty of sunshine. High 82F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Except for a few afternoon clouds, mainly sunny. High near 85F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.
Thunderstorms. Potential for severe thunderstorms. High 73F. SW winds shifting to NW at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Partly cloudy skies. High 72F. Winds light and variable.
At the Online Resource Center, members will find information on scholarships that are available from the community colleges we are partnering with.
- Alpena Community College
- Delta College
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Henry Ford Community College
- Macomb Community College
- Dawson Technical Institute
- Kennedy King College
- Northwest Iowa CC
- North Iowa Area CC
- Northeast Iowa CC
- Minnesota West CC
- Bismarck State College
- Wilbur Wright College
Returning veterans may find jobs as utility workers, through a new Chicago community college training program aimed at certifying them to work in the natural gas industry. About 100 veterans per year will go through the seven-month program designed to help them transition to steady civilian jobs. The UWUA Power for America Training Trust Fund and People’s Gas U-Map Program will provide and intensive 7 month training program which will include a one month paid internship and mentorship with experienced journey-level gas utility workers. Classes are for credit and will be taught through the Wright College and Dawson Technical Colleges both of which are part of the Chicago Community College system.
A special hands-on training facility is being constructed at Dawson Technical College, check out the construction photos as the construction continues.
P4A In The News
- $35 Million in job training grants will help more than 16,000 veterans
- Gatekeeper of the Year Award Goes to Local 223’s Valerie Christian
- UWUA Local 686 Ratifies New CBA
- Utility Jobs Training to Open for Troops, Veterans, Spouses
- Hillary Clinton Talks With Veterans in Reno
- Veterans Affairs Makes Little Headway To Shorten Waiting Times For Care
- AFL-CIO Union Veterans Council
- UWUA Local 369 Approves Eversource Contract
- Welcome to OSHA’s Campaign to Prevent Heat Illness in Outdoor Workers
- All In on Ending Veteran Homelessness: We Stand Together