We use a certification tracking system for tracking power system training, power system courses and other types of apprenticeship energy training. And provide members with power industry news and other energy in the news.
We are using the power of the Internet to provide many of the resources necessary for our members to meet the challenges of maintaining and enhancing their skills.
This Center provides our members with access to unique apprentice training programs where they can earn approved certificates and associate degrees at selected colleges. Continuous educational opportunities that are precursors to bachelors and masters degrees are also available.
A few flurries possible early. Cloudy. High 31F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.
Mostly sunny skies. High 29F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
Snow during the morning will become a mix of wintry precipitation during the afternoon. High 36F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of precip 100%. 3 to 5 inches of snow and ice expected.
Cloudy. High 23F. Winds W at 15 to 25 mph.
At the Online Resource Center, members will find information on scholarships that are available from the community colleges we are partnering with.
- Alpena Community College
- Delta College
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Henry Ford Community College
- Macomb Community College
- Dawson Technical Institute
- Kennedy King College
- Northwest Iowa CC
- North Iowa Area CC
- Northeast Iowa CC
- Minnesota West CC
- Bismarck State College
- Wilbur Wright College
Returning veterans may find jobs as utility workers, through a new Chicago community college training program aimed at certifying them to work in the natural gas industry. About 100 veterans per year will go through the seven-month program designed to help them transition to steady civilian jobs. The UWUA Power for America Training Trust Fund and People’s Gas U-Map Program will provide and intensive 7 month training program which will include a one month paid internship and mentorship with experienced journey-level gas utility workers. Classes are for credit and will be taught through the Wright College and Dawson Technical Colleges both of which are part of the Chicago Community College system.
A special hands-on training facility is being constructed at Dawson Technical College, check out the construction photos as the construction continues.
P4A In The News
- UWUA Power for America Training Trust Fund Recruiting Veterans for June 2015 Session
- UWUA Local 105 Participates In Walk For Warmth
- Veterans Find Comfort In Meditation Therapy
- The 10 Best Jobs For Veterans In 2015
- Veterans, Repeat After Me: Get to an American Job Center
- Obama Signs Veterans Suicide Prevention Bill
- Ending Vet Homelessness in LA: Is the Finish Line in Sight?
- Chicago UWUA Local 18007 Announces UMAP Apprentices are Now Utility Workers
- California Locals Build Solidarity with UWUA Leadership During Visits
- Why Veterans and Civilian Employers Have So Much Trouble Communicating