Opportunities for Veterans to live the America Dream. UMAP is a training program that falls underneath the Power for America training offerings. Veterans take part in a 52 hour, 6 month accredited program that offers them a union career at the end of their schooling through the program.
We use a certification tracking system for tracking power system training, power system courses and other types of apprenticeship energy training. And provide members with power industry news and other energy in the news.
We are using the power of the Internet to provide many of the resources necessary for our members to meet the challenges of maintaining and enhancing their skills.
This Center provides our members with access to unique apprentice training programs where they can earn approved certificates and associate degrees at selected colleges. Continuous educational opportunities that are precursors to bachelors and masters degrees are also available.
Also, our Center serves as the training record administration office, and provides members, union officials, and employers secured access to these records upon request.
At the Online Resource Center, members will find information on scholarships that are available from the community colleges we are partnering with.
- Alpena Community College
- Delta College
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Henry Ford Community College
- Macomb Community College
- Dawson Technical Institute
- Kennedy King College
- Northwest Iowa CC
- North Iowa Area CC
- Northeast Iowa CC
- Minnesota West CC
- Bismarck State College
- Wilbur Wright College
The highest quality training by Utility Workers for Utility Workers.
Company Partners with Power for America, Michigan National Guard Planning for the future to fill vital, good-paying, skilled energy industry jobs with veterans, Consumers Energy is working with Power for America and the Michigan National Guard to launch the Michigan Gas Boot Camp program. “Consumers Energy is very proud to partner with our union, the […]
P4A in the News
- Pennsylvania American Water Files Request With PUC to Replace Lead Service Lines
- Illinois American Water Distributes Grant to Morris Fire Department
- Consumers Energy Investing Nearly $440 Million to Enhance Safety, Reliability of Natural Gas System
- Universities Participate in National Solar Energy Competition
- Former US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz Joins Board of Directors for Fusion Energy Leader Tri Alpha Energy