We use a certification tracking system for tracking power system training, power system courses and other types of apprenticeship energy training. And provide members with power industry news and other energy in the news.
We are using the power of the Internet to provide many of the resources necessary for our members to meet the challenges of maintaining and enhancing their skills.
This Center provides our members with access to unique apprentice training programs where they can earn approved certificates and associate degrees at selected colleges. Continuous educational opportunities that are precursors to bachelors and masters degrees are also available.
Partly cloudy. Lows overnight in the low 30s.
A few clouds early, otherwise mostly sunny. High 58F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph.
Partly cloudy in the morning then becoming cloudy with periods of rain later in the day. Thunder possible. High 68F. Winds SSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
Chance of Rain
Partly cloudy early followed by increasing clouds with showers developing later in the day. High 52F. Winds N at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 90%.
At the Online Resource Center, members will find information on scholarships that are available from the community colleges we are partnering with.
- Alpena Community College
- Delta College
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Henry Ford Community College
- Macomb Community College
- Dawson Technical Institute
- Kennedy King College
- Northwest Iowa CC
- North Iowa Area CC
- Northeast Iowa CC
- Minnesota West CC
- Bismarck State College
- Wilbur Wright College
Returning veterans may find jobs as utility workers, through a new Chicago community college training program aimed at certifying them to work in the natural gas industry. About 100 veterans per year will go through the seven-month program designed to help them transition to steady civilian jobs. The UWUA Power for America Training Trust Fund and People’s Gas U-Map Program will provide and intensive 7 month training program which will include a one month paid internship and mentorship with experienced journey-level gas utility workers. Classes are for credit and will be taught through the Wright College and Dawson Technical Colleges both of which are part of the Chicago Community College system.
A special hands-on training facility is being constructed at Dawson Technical College, check out the construction photos as the construction continues.
P4A In The News
- Aqua Water Ohio Members Ink New 4-year Contract
- Here’s One Answer to High Unemployment for Veterans
- Oldest American woman veteran dies at 108
- UWUA Attends National Organizing Summit
- UWUA 30th Constitutional Convention
- Obama Calls For Improved Veterans’ Care During Visit To Troubled VA Hospital
- Study: Warriors may not recover from concussions as quickly as athletes do
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker Signs Right-To-Work Bill
- West Virginia “Right-to-Work” Rally a Great Success
- Army veteran’s guilt over surviving Iraq is a wound that won’t heal