WASHINGTON (AP) — The Department of Veterans Affairs is suspending the head of the Veterans Benefits Administration for allowing two lower-ranking officials to manipulate the agency’s hiring system for their own gain.
Deputy VA Secretary Sloan Gibson says acting VBA chief Danny Pummill will be suspended without pay for 15 days for his role in a relocation scam that has roiled the agency for months.
Pummill failed to exercise proper oversight as Kimberly Graves and Diana Rubens forced lower-ranking managers to accept job transfers and then stepped into the vacant positions themselves, keeping their senior-level pay while reducing their responsibilities, Gibson said Tuesday.
Pummill is one of VA’s five highest-ranking officials and leads VBA’s employees across 56 regional offices nationwide that provide compensation and pension benefits, life insurance, home loans and other services to millions of veterans.
Read More: http://www.usnews.com
P4A in the News
- Pennsylvania American Water Files Request With PUC to Replace Lead Service Lines
- Illinois American Water Distributes Grant to Morris Fire Department
- Consumers Energy Investing Nearly $440 Million to Enhance Safety, Reliability of Natural Gas System
- Universities Participate in National Solar Energy Competition
- Former US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz Joins Board of Directors for Fusion Energy Leader Tri Alpha Energy