Illinois Veterans Are Being Recruited for Gas Sector Utility Training Program in Chicago
The UWUA Power for America Training Trust Fund Utility Military Assistance Program (UMAP) is openly recruiting Honorable discharged post 911 veterans. The program is designed to provide the requisite skills and knowledge an individual will need to become successful in a career pathway within the Gas Utility Sector. The UMAP will provide an intensive 7 month training program which will include a one month paid internship and mentorship with experienced journey-level gas utility workers. Classes are for credit and will be taught through the Dawson Technical College, part of the Chicago Community College system.
You must have attended an orientation session and been approved for your application to be considered. Please complete the Application Form and return as soon as possible. Classes are limited to 25 and in order to ensure your seat please return your application today! Applications are now being accepted for the Spring 2015 semester.
To apply visit: UMAP Application Form
P4A in the News
- WaterStart Accepting Grant Proposals from Water Tech Companies Around the World
- National Grid Hosts STEM Event For Aspiring Engineers
- Hundreds of Coneys Downed by Consumers Energy Employees for Charity
- New York American Water Investing $825,000 in East Rockaway
- YouTube Video Tricking Consumers on How to Pay Utility Bills Using Social Security Numbers