The U.S. now boasts more than 1.3 million solar installations, with a cumulative capacity of over 40 gigawatts, according to the report.
The record growth in solar was represented mostly by utility-scale installations, which were spurred on by energy suppliers hoping to take advantage of the federal Investment Tax Credit (ITC), which was set to expire last year.
P4A in the News
- CMS Energy’s Unit to Invest $250M in Michigan’s Businesses
- How IoT Is Powering The Energy Industry
- ‘Air-breathing’ battery could cut costs of renewable energy storage
- Federal Threats Out of Touch with MI Energy & Climate Goals
- WaterStart Accepting Grant Proposals from Water Tech Companies Around the World