Utility companies are more than just service providers.
High-tech growth sectors, including data center hubs proliferating across the country, are making the availability of low-cost power a top priority in making their final site-selection decisions.
Upgrading electric power infrastructure also has become imperative for utilities in order to maintain their leadership positions in the power pecking order. The drive for energy efficiency is fueling the installation of smart-grid technology; the continuing expansion of installed renewable energy capacity also is requiring utilities to adapt power grids that can accommodate the sporadic energy surges provided by wind and solar.
P4A in the News
- YouTube Video Tricking Consumers on How to Pay Utility Bills Using Social Security Numbers
- Safety Training Saves Lives, Builds Careers
- Meet the Sixth Graders Who Built a Potable Water Dispenser
- Forever GI Bill Signed Into Law
- Drones, Robots, Virtual Reality and 3D Printers Join Forces to Cut Water Waste