Utility companies are more than just service providers.
High-tech growth sectors, including data center hubs proliferating across the country, are making the availability of low-cost power a top priority in making their final site-selection decisions.
Upgrading electric power infrastructure also has become imperative for utilities in order to maintain their leadership positions in the power pecking order. The drive for energy efficiency is fueling the installation of smart-grid technology; the continuing expansion of installed renewable energy capacity also is requiring utilities to adapt power grids that can accommodate the sporadic energy surges provided by wind and solar.
P4A in the News
- CMS Energy’s Unit to Invest $250M in Michigan’s Businesses
- How IoT Is Powering The Energy Industry
- ‘Air-breathing’ battery could cut costs of renewable energy storage
- Federal Threats Out of Touch with MI Energy & Climate Goals
- WaterStart Accepting Grant Proposals from Water Tech Companies Around the World