Utility companies are more than just service providers.
High-tech growth sectors, including data center hubs proliferating across the country, are making the availability of low-cost power a top priority in making their final site-selection decisions.
Upgrading electric power infrastructure also has become imperative for utilities in order to maintain their leadership positions in the power pecking order. The drive for energy efficiency is fueling the installation of smart-grid technology; the continuing expansion of installed renewable energy capacity also is requiring utilities to adapt power grids that can accommodate the sporadic energy surges provided by wind and solar.
P4A in the News
- Illinois American Water Distributes Grant to Morris Fire Department
- Consumers Energy Investing Nearly $440 Million to Enhance Safety, Reliability of Natural Gas System
- Universities Participate in National Solar Energy Competition
- Former US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz Joins Board of Directors for Fusion Energy Leader Tri Alpha Energy
- Top Utilities: The Power Behind Growth