Utility companies are more than just service providers.
High-tech growth sectors, including data center hubs proliferating across the country, are making the availability of low-cost power a top priority in making their final site-selection decisions.
Upgrading electric power infrastructure also has become imperative for utilities in order to maintain their leadership positions in the power pecking order. The drive for energy efficiency is fueling the installation of smart-grid technology; the continuing expansion of installed renewable energy capacity also is requiring utilities to adapt power grids that can accommodate the sporadic energy surges provided by wind and solar.
P4A in the News
- Energy Efficient: $1.1M Grant Aiding Low-Income Households
- Massachusetts Joins Energy Storage Revolution With 200 MWh Goal
- Massachusetts Utilities Release First Offshore Wind RFP Under New State Energy Law
- PG&E Introduces a Long-Term Career Veterans Hiring Initiative
- Troops to Energy Jobs – Your ROADMAP to a CAREER IN ENERGY