This is not a top 10 list of big ideas and trends in the world of water for 2015. Many of these are a repeat of my recap of 2014 and thoughts on what to expect. There is so much activity, both noise and progress, that no single list will correctly capture the “best.”
Instead this is very much my take on what I believe is important progress, essentially the good news for the year in the world of water. With that in mind, here we go.
Sustainable Development Goal No. 6
Unlike the Millennium Development Goals, the SDGs have a goal focused on access to clean water and sanitation. This is a key event — the public sector will explore ways to achieve this goal and the private sector also will be a key stakeholder in helping to achieve this goal. A few key aspects of SDG No. 6 will be who will pay to achieve these goals and how do we measure progress. I believe information/communication technologies will have a role to play in achieving the goal and monitoring progress.
Read More: http://www.greenbiz.com/
P4A in the News
- Federal Threats Out of Touch with MI Energy & Climate Goals
- WaterStart Accepting Grant Proposals from Water Tech Companies Around the World
- National Grid Hosts STEM Event For Aspiring Engineers
- Hundreds of Coneys Downed by Consumers Energy Employees for Charity
- New York American Water Investing $825,000 in East Rockaway