RLC grad works to update Chicago’s aging pipes
She is now tasked with working on the System Modernization Program, an effort to replace aging cast iron gas mains with plastic mains. Some of the lines are so old, they were used when the city streets were still lit with gas lanterns.
UWUA Power for America Training Trust Fund has partnered with Chicago’s Peoples Gas to train employees to do the line upgrades.
P4A in the News
- Top Utilities: The Power Behind Growth
- FirstEnergy Agrees to Sell a Portion of the Former Hatfield’s Ferry Power Station for $40 Million
- Pennsylvania American Water Launches $8.5 Million Upgrade of Water Storage Facilities
- New York State Allocates $2.5 Billion for Water Quality
- Consumers Energy Begins Spring With Appliance Recycling Program