The administration this week announced two partnerships between the Mayor’s Fund to Advance New York City and the Mayor’s Office of Veterans Affairs and the private sector totaling $750,000 that are aimed at helping to end homelessness within the veteran population in the five boroughs.
The Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation has awarded a $250,000 grant to MOVA, the Mayor’s Fund and Enterprise Community Partners to support the City’s efforts to meet and maintain Functional Zero, the national standard for ending veteran homelessness and rapidly re-housing all new veterans that enter the shelter system. The funds will go towards both direct services for veterans as well as system planning to sustain the City’s efforts to get to Functional Zero.
The Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation’s grant is the first private commitment received by the City specifically to help end chronic veteran homelessness, which includes veterans who have been without permanent housing for at least a year, or have experienced homelessness at least four times over three years.
Additionally, the Mayor’s Fund has raised $500,000 from private partners, including the Real Estate Board of New York and its members, to provide financial assistance to veterans who successfully transitioned from shelters to permanent housing at the end of 2015.
“Every veteran should receive proper housing and the services they need to help them cope with their experiences in war,” said Mayor de Blasio. “I thank the Deutsche Bank Americas Foundation, REBNY and our folks in the Mayor’s Fund and MOVA who are leading the way towards Functional Zero.”
Read More: http://theforumnewsgroup.com
P4A in the News
- Pennsylvania American Water Files Request With PUC to Replace Lead Service Lines
- Illinois American Water Distributes Grant to Morris Fire Department
- Consumers Energy Investing Nearly $440 Million to Enhance Safety, Reliability of Natural Gas System
- Universities Participate in National Solar Energy Competition
- Former US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz Joins Board of Directors for Fusion Energy Leader Tri Alpha Energy