A quest for energy efficiency is unfolding in town halls and the Statehouse alike.
When a city or town becomes a “Green Community,” it must undergo a baseline energy audit, which is used to determine its current energy use and future goals. Other criteria for joining the program include adopting an accelerated permitting system for renewable energy generation facilities, a commitment to purchasing only fuel-efficient municipal vehicles and implementing a building code that sets stricter energy efficiency requirements on new construction.
P4A in the News
- YouTube Video Tricking Consumers on How to Pay Utility Bills Using Social Security Numbers
- Safety Training Saves Lives, Builds Careers
- Meet the Sixth Graders Who Built a Potable Water Dispenser
- Forever GI Bill Signed Into Law
- Drones, Robots, Virtual Reality and 3D Printers Join Forces to Cut Water Waste