A quest for energy efficiency is unfolding in town halls and the Statehouse alike.
When a city or town becomes a “Green Community,” it must undergo a baseline energy audit, which is used to determine its current energy use and future goals. Other criteria for joining the program include adopting an accelerated permitting system for renewable energy generation facilities, a commitment to purchasing only fuel-efficient municipal vehicles and implementing a building code that sets stricter energy efficiency requirements on new construction.
P4A in the News
- Energy Efficient: $1.1M Grant Aiding Low-Income Households
- Massachusetts Joins Energy Storage Revolution With 200 MWh Goal
- Massachusetts Utilities Release First Offshore Wind RFP Under New State Energy Law
- PG&E Introduces a Long-Term Career Veterans Hiring Initiative
- Troops to Energy Jobs – Your ROADMAP to a CAREER IN ENERGY