A quest for energy efficiency is unfolding in town halls and the Statehouse alike.
When a city or town becomes a “Green Community,” it must undergo a baseline energy audit, which is used to determine its current energy use and future goals. Other criteria for joining the program include adopting an accelerated permitting system for renewable energy generation facilities, a commitment to purchasing only fuel-efficient municipal vehicles and implementing a building code that sets stricter energy efficiency requirements on new construction.
P4A in the News
- CMS Energy’s Unit to Invest $250M in Michigan’s Businesses
- How IoT Is Powering The Energy Industry
- ‘Air-breathing’ battery could cut costs of renewable energy storage
- Federal Threats Out of Touch with MI Energy & Climate Goals
- WaterStart Accepting Grant Proposals from Water Tech Companies Around the World