A quest for energy efficiency is unfolding in town halls and the Statehouse alike.
When a city or town becomes a “Green Community,” it must undergo a baseline energy audit, which is used to determine its current energy use and future goals. Other criteria for joining the program include adopting an accelerated permitting system for renewable energy generation facilities, a commitment to purchasing only fuel-efficient municipal vehicles and implementing a building code that sets stricter energy efficiency requirements on new construction.
P4A in the News
- Top Utilities: The Power Behind Growth
- FirstEnergy Agrees to Sell a Portion of the Former Hatfield’s Ferry Power Station for $40 Million
- Pennsylvania American Water Launches $8.5 Million Upgrade of Water Storage Facilities
- New York State Allocates $2.5 Billion for Water Quality
- Consumers Energy Begins Spring With Appliance Recycling Program