Field research plays a central role in the course, and during a field trip to a community near the school one day, students heard first-hand accounts about the difficulties that communities face when they lack access to potable water.
The field trip inspired Paco and Rodrigo, two of Enrique’s sixth graders, to invent something that could make drinking water accessible to all. They sketched a prototype on their computers and worked with Enrique to bring it to life. Their design has evolved into a water distiller that they aspire to install in under-served neighborhoods around the globe.
P4A in the News
- YouTube Video Tricking Consumers on How to Pay Utility Bills Using Social Security Numbers
- Safety Training Saves Lives, Builds Careers
- Meet the Sixth Graders Who Built a Potable Water Dispenser
- Forever GI Bill Signed Into Law
- Drones, Robots, Virtual Reality and 3D Printers Join Forces to Cut Water Waste