U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte and six fellow Republicans have introduced legislation designed to bolster the much-maligned Veterans Choice program, which funds medical care given outside Veterans Administration facilities.
The legislation would make the program, started two years ago on a trial basis, permanent and give it an advanced funding stream, Ayotte and her fellow senators said in a statement.
The announcement about the legislation comes a week after the Department of Veterans Affairs said it is cutting red tape that has made doctors and health care providers wary of Veterans Choice.
And Veterans Choice promises to be a topic when the Manchester VA Medical Center hosts a town hall meeting this afternoon to get feedback from veterans on VA programs.
Read More: http://www.unionleader.com
P4A in the News
- ‘Air-breathing’ battery could cut costs of renewable energy storage
- Federal Threats Out of Touch with MI Energy & Climate Goals
- WaterStart Accepting Grant Proposals from Water Tech Companies Around the World
- National Grid Hosts STEM Event For Aspiring Engineers
- Hundreds of Coneys Downed by Consumers Energy Employees for Charity