U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte and six fellow Republicans have introduced legislation designed to bolster the much-maligned Veterans Choice program, which funds medical care given outside Veterans Administration facilities.
The legislation would make the program, started two years ago on a trial basis, permanent and give it an advanced funding stream, Ayotte and her fellow senators said in a statement.
The announcement about the legislation comes a week after the Department of Veterans Affairs said it is cutting red tape that has made doctors and health care providers wary of Veterans Choice.
And Veterans Choice promises to be a topic when the Manchester VA Medical Center hosts a town hall meeting this afternoon to get feedback from veterans on VA programs.
Read More: http://www.unionleader.com
P4A in the News
- Pennsylvania American Water Files Request With PUC to Replace Lead Service Lines
- Illinois American Water Distributes Grant to Morris Fire Department
- Consumers Energy Investing Nearly $440 Million to Enhance Safety, Reliability of Natural Gas System
- Universities Participate in National Solar Energy Competition
- Former US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz Joins Board of Directors for Fusion Energy Leader Tri Alpha Energy