Winning many of the regulations it wanted from the FAA, the Edison Electric Institute is helping its members move ahead with a plan to use drones to check power lines. EEI still has its eye on a potential regulatory change that could make drones even more useful to power companies.
The electric industry is one of many industries that have some innovative ideas about how to use drones.
Now, thanks to a successful push by the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), power companies will actually get to put those ideas into action. With authorization from the Federal Aviation Administration, the industry will begin testing ways to use drones to check electric lines for faults.
P4A in the News
- New Jersey American Water to Replace Water Mains in Bernardsville
- Veterans in Energy Forum 2017
- Energy Efficient: $1.1M Grant Aiding Low-Income Households
- Massachusetts Joins Energy Storage Revolution With 200 MWh Goal
- Massachusetts Utilities Release First Offshore Wind RFP Under New State Energy Law