Local 18007 Shares Good News of Veterans Obtaining Utility Jobs
The Executive Board of Local 18007 recently shared several pieces of good news with its local union members.
- 27 veterans started a new class on January 12, 2015, to become utility workers in the UMA
- By the end of February, 23 current students will begin internships at shop locations.
- 6 Operations Apprentices (entry level employees) have an opportunity to become full time UW/VS (Vault Specialists).
To avoid contracting out Local 18007 work,
- 12-14 Operations Apprentices will move to the Utility Workers classification.
- 30 new Operations Apprentices are being hired immediately.
See UWUA Local 18007’s website for more info.
P4A in the News
- Energy Efficient: $1.1M Grant Aiding Low-Income Households
- Massachusetts Joins Energy Storage Revolution With 200 MWh Goal
- Massachusetts Utilities Release First Offshore Wind RFP Under New State Energy Law
- PG&E Introduces a Long-Term Career Veterans Hiring Initiative
- Troops to Energy Jobs – Your ROADMAP to a CAREER IN ENERGY