Local 18007 Shares Good News of Veterans Obtaining Utility Jobs
The Executive Board of Local 18007 recently shared several pieces of good news with its local union members.
- 27 veterans started a new class on January 12, 2015, to become utility workers in the UMA
- By the end of February, 23 current students will begin internships at shop locations.
- 6 Operations Apprentices (entry level employees) have an opportunity to become full time UW/VS (Vault Specialists).
To avoid contracting out Local 18007 work,
- 12-14 Operations Apprentices will move to the Utility Workers classification.
- 30 new Operations Apprentices are being hired immediately.
See UWUA Local 18007’s website for more info.
P4A in the News
- YouTube Video Tricking Consumers on How to Pay Utility Bills Using Social Security Numbers
- Safety Training Saves Lives, Builds Careers
- Meet the Sixth Graders Who Built a Potable Water Dispenser
- Forever GI Bill Signed Into Law
- Drones, Robots, Virtual Reality and 3D Printers Join Forces to Cut Water Waste