AEP Ohio has reached a settlement with Public Utilities Commission of Ohio staff and others on an eight-year power purchase agreement, winning the support of the Sierra Club with a promise to double the state’s wind generation and nearly quintuple its solar capacity.
The settlement provides guaranteed income for the output of American Electric Power’s 2,671-MW ownership share of nine plants, as well as the company’s 423-MW contractual share of Ohio Valley Electric Corp.’s generating fleet, until May 2024, the company announced Monday.
The Sierra Club, which had rejected a similar deal reached by FirstEnergy two weeks ago, is one of 10 parties that signed on to the settlement or agreed not to oppose it.
Read More: http://www.rtoinsider.com/
P4A in the News
- Pennsylvania American Water Files Request With PUC to Replace Lead Service Lines
- Illinois American Water Distributes Grant to Morris Fire Department
- Consumers Energy Investing Nearly $440 Million to Enhance Safety, Reliability of Natural Gas System
- Universities Participate in National Solar Energy Competition
- Former US Energy Secretary Ernest Moniz Joins Board of Directors for Fusion Energy Leader Tri Alpha Energy